Sunday 11 December 2016

December doings in Zagreb

A celebration of the work of students in the Academy was organised by Katrin Radovin of the Students council during the week which was to showcase the work done in life drawing as an inspiration for first year students. It was a party night  but with some serious organisation behind the scenes to gather the work of a large number of students, including my own.   I helped Katrin to mount the exhibition on Thursday.  The work is stunning, I think and is indicative of the high standards I've witnessed here in the study and execution of Life drawing.   It is a subject taken very seriously by all students and I really enjoy being a part of this module.  It is challenging and involves high levels of concentration but totally absorbing.  I love it.

The poster advertising the event

Katrin directing us all.
Two of my drawings/paintings on the right here.
 The exhibition and party was held in the location for the drawing processes module, the beautiful Education Centre in Jabukovac. This building was the studio and home of one of Croatia's most famous sculptors, Ivan Mectrovic.

 









Katrin's drawings


The magnificent studio space in Jabukovac

In great company with Katrin, Mona, Appolonia

The party in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment